Friday, September 25, 2026

A Conversation about Universes

A believer preaching on the street is confronted by an atheist.

Atheist: Why do you preach that silly stuff? There is no evidence that God exists. 

Believer: Look around you. How could all of this come into being without a Creator? 

Atheist: It all came into being from the big bang of the universe.

Believer: And what caused the big bang?

Atheist: Nobody knows, but it wasn't God.

Believer: How do you know that?

Atheist: Real scientists believe it wasn't God. 

Believer: So, you have faith that it wasn't God.

Atheist: I believe the real scientists.

Believer: But what if the real scientists are wrong, and God really created the universe? 

Atheist: I just believe the real scientists. 

Believer: But you just admitted that no one knows how the big bang started. So, the real scientists could be wrong. 

Atheist: But we do know that from the big bang, the universe evolved into stars and galaxies, and the stars produced the chemical elements that on a planet with a lot of water life evolved. This all took billions of years. 

Believer: Intelligent life too?

Atheist: Yes.

Believer: Life evolved in a nonconscious universe?

Atheist: Over billions of years, yes. 

Believer: Science works by observation and experimentation, right?

Atheist: Right.

Believer: Has anyone ever observed a nonconscious object produce anything?

Atheist: A corpse produces fertilizer. 

Believer: But that is a natural process. Nonconscious objects never produce complex, creative systems. 

Atheist: But it could over billions of years. 

Believer: But if no one ever observes a nonconscious object produce any complex, creative system, would it not be safe to conclude, by inductive reasoning, that nonconscious objects never produce complex, creative systems. 

Atheist: But anything can happen in billions of years.

Believer: But is that not just your faith?

Atheist: Well, I believe that God does not exist all right.

Believer: Did you know that science has discovered that our universe happens to be extremely fine-tuned to certain mathematical constants that makes life, and intelligent life, possible. Without that exact tuning, life could not exist. 

Atheist: Yes, but that simply means that out of an infinite number of possible universes, ours just happened to be the one that was fine-tuned so that life could evolve into existence. 

Believer: But isn't that all just a matter of your faith?

Atheist: Well, I certainly don't believe in God.

Believer: But you do believe that a nonconscious process produced an infinite number of possible universes out of which one was selected to be fine-tuned to the extent that it could evolve life. Isn't that nonconscious process really your God? 

Atheist: But our universe was nonconscious before life came into being. 

Believer: How do you know that?

Atheist: Because I can look into the past of our universe, and I can see that it evolved until it produced life. 

Believer: But how do you know that that process was nonconscious? 

Atheist: Because I can see that that process took place in the past. 

Believer: You used the word quote "see." That means you had to use your imagination, which is a product of your consciousness, to overcome the supposed nonconsciousness of our universe in order to trace the processes in our universe that you believe evolved life. 

Atheist: But can't I imagine a nonconscious universe?

Believer: No, you cannot because as soon as you imagine it, you annul its nonconsciousness.

Atheist: But I believe I can.

Believer: You used the word "see." That word was necessary for the universe that you imagined. That proves that no universe can exist without the creation of an intelligent consciousness, even if only in the imagination. 

Atheist: Well, I am determined to disbelieve. 

Believer: Our universe had to have had an Infinite Intelligent Consciousness to create it, but with more than just imagination. God objectified His goodness to create our universe, including all living humans. Read Genesis 1:31; Genesis 1:26-27; Hebrews 11:3, and Romans 11:36. (KJB). 


No comments:

Post a Comment